Abstraction indicates departure from reality in depiction of imagery in art; such departure can be only slight, partial or complete to the extent that it doesn't resemble anything recognizable. It uses a visual language of form, color and line, all areas of the canvas to create the work, and portrays emotion on canvas. Make your own abstract art and put a title depicting the emotion you're expressing.
Note: If you're not familiar with Abstract Art, I suggest you do some reading before posting a page. Challenge icon shows my own attempt at partial abstraction called "Relish." Cubism is another popular form of partially abstract art you might want to look into.
1) You can create your own abstract art from scratch or manipulate an image or combine and manipulate several images.
2) The Text/Title about the emotion you're depicting should be made part of the art.
3) In the credits section, indicate if you created from scratch OR whose image/s you manipulated.
4) New pages only, posted on or after the challenge start date.
5) Max of 3 entries but you can only win once.
VOTING ENDS A DAY EARLIER THAN CHALLENGE
Challenge Starts: Friday, July 24, 2009 12:00 AM EST
Challenge Ends: Friday, July 31, 2009 12:00 AM EST
Maximum Scrapbooks per Member: 3
All members can vote in this challenge.
(Vote totals will be viewable after voting ends.)
Vote Starts: Friday, July 24, 2009 12:00 AM EST
Vote Ends: Thursday, July 30, 2009 12:00 AM EST
This challenge is completed.