PHOTOGRAPHY-DIGITAL CHALLENGE: STILL LIFE
Wikipedia says "A still life is a work of art depicting mostly inanimate subject matter, typically commonplace objects which may be either natural (food, flowers, plants, rocks or shells) or manmade (drinking glasses, books, vases, jewelry, coins, pipes, and so on) in an artificial setting... Some modern still life breaks the two-dimensional barrier and employs three-dimensional mixed media, and uses found objects, photography, computer graphics, as well as video and sound." This challenge requires the use of photography and digital/computer art combined, starting with either a personal photo or a personal computer-generated or digitally-made image. It should be obvious when looking at your page that you combined photography and computer/digital art. See challenge rules.
1. Your main still life object must be a personal photo or personal computer-generated/digitally-made image. Photo or image from the net is not allowed.
2. Combine photography and art in a very obvious way. If your still life object, for example, is a photo, your background could be digital; if your still life object is digitally-created, your background could be a photo. Do not manipulate the photo to look like it's digitally-made and vice versa, do not manipulate the art to look like a photo.
3. Despite the fact that you combined photography and digital/computer art, your page should achieve a look of harmony.
4. Because lighting plays a big role in both photography and art (by way of highlights and shadows), your page should show some dramatic or ambient lighting.
5. You may or may not use kits - but do not frame your layout with picture frames, borders or overlays. Your layout should be frameless.
NOTE: Voting ends earlier than challenge date. You can only win once.
Challenge Starts: Sunday, November 01, 2009 12:00 AM EST
Challenge Ends: Saturday, November 07, 2009 11:00 PM EST
Maximum Scrapbooks per Member: 3
All members can vote in this challenge.
(Vote totals will be viewable after voting ends.)
Vote Starts: Wednesday, November 04, 2009 12:00 AM EST
Vote Ends: Saturday, November 07, 2009 1:00 PM EST
This challenge is completed.