"A songbird or oscine is a bird belonging to the suborder Passeri of Passeriformes, in which the vocal organ is developed in such a way to produce various sound notes, commonly known as bird song." Wikipedia (http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Songbird). Let's be both artistic and informative - please read challenge requirements carefully to avoid removal.
1) Photo of the bird should be the main focus, but please scrap it.
2) Put the name of the bird and its scientific classification, particularly its ORDER, SUBORDER, FAMILY. Please check encyclopedias for proper classification.
3) Mention if bird is rare, endangered or endemic to a certain country.
4) It would be nice if you could put a description of the birdsong or link to a recording - there are some in the net. This is optional, however.
5) Please give proper credits to photographers, artists and info sources.
6) New pages only, posted on or after challenge start date.
7) You may post up to 5 scraps but can only win once.
Challenge Starts: Monday, June 08, 2009 12:00 AM EST
Challenge Ends: Sunday, June 14, 2009 11:00 PM EST
Maximum Scrapbooks per Member: 5
All members can vote in this challenge.
(Vote totals will be viewable after voting ends.)
Vote Starts: Thursday, June 11, 2009 12:00 AM EST
Vote Ends: Saturday, June 13, 2009 11:00 PM EST
This challenge is completed.