SCRAP UNUSUAL PLANTS
Scrap an unusual plant. You'll be surprised at what you'll find when you do a search. Examples are carnivorous or insectivorous plants that attract, kill and digest prey, usually insects and anthropods but the largest ones have been known to eat also small animals like rats, birds and small monkeys. There are other unusual plants like borderline carnivores, strangling plants, carrion or stinking flowers, plants that camouflage themselves, plants that have a symbiotic relationship with some animals, plants with black flowers and other weird looking plants.
NOTE: VOTING ENDS A DAY EARLIER.
1) Include a photo of the plant.
2) Journaling is important - what makes it unusual? Where can it be found?
3) Put sources of info and images, and give credits to photographers and designers.
4) You may scrap up to 3 but can only win once.
5) EXCLUDE urban legends. For example, there are unconfirmed reports of cow-eating and even man-eating plants - please don't include these. Until scientifically proven, they're more urban legends than facts. Also EXCLUDE Black Tulips or plants that were just made; has to be natural, and has to be UNUSUAL not just RARE.
Challenge Starts: Monday, June 22, 2009 12:00 AM EST
Challenge Ends: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 12:00 AM EST
Maximum Scrapbooks per Member: 3
All members can vote in this challenge.
(Vote totals will be viewable after voting ends.)
Vote Starts: Friday, June 26, 2009 12:00 AM EST
Vote Ends: Monday, June 29, 2009 12:00 AM EST
This challenge is completed.