Scrapbooking Techniques - Traditional Layers
For this challenge we will be working our magic with traditional scrapping in layers. For many of us, we probably started with scissors, our photos and some papers and stickers. This is the style for this challenge, as if we weren't really doing it on a computer.
Here are a couple of examples:
As you can see, there are strips of paper and squares of paper and circles of paper and some elements and everything is layer upon layer upon layer.
I love this technique! It can be simple with open space on the background like example #1 above or it can be more filled in like example #2.
New pages only, uploaded after the start of the challenge. Only 1 winning page per person. Anyone with more than 1 winning page, the page(s) with lower scores will be removed after voting has ended. Voting will end 1 day before the challenge ends.
1. Your photo only, no internet photos.
2. No edits to the photo, other than cropping it to a shape like circle, heart, etc.
3. Absolutely no blending, coloring, or other computer edits to the photo.
4. Lots of layers.
5. The scrap can be simple as in example #1 above or more filled in as in example #2 above.
6. Shadowing behind the photo/elements is okay as this is what gives depth to the layers, other than shadowing, no other computer generated edits please (no blending of the photo, no masking of the photo, no highlighting of the photo, no recoloring of the photo, etc.)
7. NO QP's and no pre-made cluster!!! These challenges are to help us practice our skills. If you use something pre-made you are not improving your own skills.
Challenge Starts: Monday, September 10, 2012 12:00 AM EST
Challenge Ends: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 12:00 AM EST
Maximum Scrapbooks per Member: 5
All members can vote in this challenge.
(Vote totals will be viewable after voting ends.)
Vote Starts: Monday, September 10, 2012 12:00 AM EST
Vote Ends: Monday, September 17, 2012 12:00 AM EST
This challenge is completed.