THE CHAKRAS (A Visual Art challenge Series): FIRST
"Chakra" is Sanskrit for wheel or disk and signifies the seven basic energy centers in the body. To me, it is the anatomy of our life force. Don't just scrap the chakra symbol but what this chakra is all about - its energy type, theme or subject matter.
The FIRST OR ROOT CHAKRA is our Foundation & Tribal Energy, our Life-affirming down-to-earth experiences. "I am grounded and centered - I have a right to be here." Location: Base of the Spine. Element: Earth. Color: Red (or Red with Brown and/or Black). Sense: Smell. It's about:
* The Right to be in this World.
* Physical Identity & Health.
* Awareness of & Connection with the body.
* Survival & Self-preservation.
* Security & Prosperity.
Scrap what this chakra is all about.
1) Don't just scrap its symbol, visually interpret one of its themes or subject matters.
2) Make its color the dominant color of your page. Pay attention to its element.
3) This is primarily a visual art challenge but you may include some journaling IN your scrap - in the form of titles, quotes, songs or poems.
NOTE: Remember that chakras are energy centers - make the most energetic, artistic page you can, and have fun!
Challenge Starts: Tuesday, May 27, 2008 12:00 AM EST
Challenge Ends: Monday, June 02, 2008 12:00 AM EST
Maximum Scrapbooks per Member: 5
All members can vote in this challenge.
Vote Starts: Saturday, May 31, 2008 12:00 AM EST
Vote Ends: Monday, June 02, 2008 12:00 AM EST
This challenge is completed.